Saturday, December 7, 2013

We are blessed

I have to point this out right away, here in the beginning ... we are very blessed.

When we got married we had only the foggiest idea of what we wanted. But here we are 17 years later making the life we want.

What kind of life do we want? A life that we can live together without having to use all our time trying to earn money.

To that end we have worked and learned and now our living expenses (food, water, clothing and shelter) are less than $500 per month.

It wasn't easy. We made a lot of mistakes. But now we're here, and we can't imagine going back to the modern way of living.

But -- and I want to point this out too -- this life isn't for everyone. We know that. We accept that. We're not trying to convert anyone to our way of thinking.

1 comment:

  1. It's not for everyone but I do feel like it might be for me. Now I just need to have the courage to try.

    ReplyDelete